The Woodwork Institute has honored Northwestern Design and Stantec in its 2018 Awards Program.
Northwestern Design, of Grants Pass, Oregon, received the Ralph B. McClure Craftsmanship Award for its work on the Stanford Hoover Office Building and Conference Center.
The McClure Craftsmanship Award honors exceptional craftsmanship and/or installation of architectural millwork by a Woodwork Institute member.
In selecting this project for the McClure Craftsmanship award, the judges offered the following comments:
- “Work involved in the conference center is very detailed and performs two functions: aesthetics and acoustics.”
- “I chose this project for the difficulty with the large overhead radius ceiling panel work, which looks magnificent.
Stantec’s San Francisco office received the Bernard B. Barber, Jr., Award for Excellence for its work on the Santa Clara Valley Medical Center. The Barber Award honors design professionals for projects in which the interior or exterior architectural millwork is a predominant feature.
In selecting this project for the Barber Award, the judges mentioned the following aspects of the project as reasons for selecting it as the winner:
- “The complexity of the project and need to coordinate with other trades.”
- “Best use of wood in different and inspiring ways.”
- “The circular seating benches and walls just flow so beautifully.”
Want your work recognized and publicized by the Woodwork Institute?
Enter the Woodwork Institute Awards for 2019. Submit your application by April 30, 2019.