Certain product types, such as adhesives, hardware and panel products, are reviewed for compliance with the appropriate minimum quality standards found in the North American Architectural Woodwork Standards.
Acknowledgment of a product(s) will delivered by letter to the submitting Affiliate from the Institute, and listing of the product(s) in both our Roster/Resource Guide and on the website. This is an important service that the Institute performs for manufacturers of high quality products and end-users, like owners and architects.
To receive product acknowledgment, the applicant firm must do the following:
- Submit a sample of the product
- Complete with technical literature and in some cases, independent testing confirming that the product complies with the appropriate requirements.
The Institute charges an annual product review fee of $500 for each group of submitted products. All acknowledged products must be re-approved on an annual basis for continued listing on the Institute’s website.
- Product review fees are included within Millwork Industry Partner dues.
- If a firm has acknowledged products and submits products for approval frequently, the savings on product review fees would be a substantial benefit of becoming a Millwork Industry Partner.
The Acknowledged Product Listings
The Woodwork Institute offers the following acknowledged product listings as a service to its Affiliates and the architectural millwork industry in conjunction with the North American Architectural Woodwork Standards.
- These listings acknowledge Affiliate products that have been reviewed and confirmed to meet the Institute’s minimum requirements.
- Exclusion of any particular product does not necessarily connote its noncompliance, but only that its compliance has not been confirmed by the Institute.
- Minimum product requirements are as established by the North American Architectural Woodwork Standards. Burden of proof of a product’s compliance rests on the manufacturer or submitting Affiliate firm.
- Affiliates are encouraged to submit products for review, as the Institute does not search out eligible Affiliate products, and assumes no responsibility for any eligible Affiliate product omissions.