The Woodwork Institute offers to the architect, specifier, or design professional its expertise and support by offering FREE education, consultation, sample specifications, and a standardized means of quality control for architectural millwork.
Wi’s two compliance programs are the Certified Compliance Program™ and Monitored Compliance Program™. These programs allow the design professional to rest assured that the specified project will be completed to the level of quality he or she expects.
WI also offers a Certified Seismic Installation Program™.
Click the links below for language you can copy and paste into your specifications to call for one or more of the Woodwork Institute’s certification programs. Also below is a single sheet explaining the use of WI’s certified seismic drawings.
Seismic Specification Language and Drawings
Below are resources for specifying WI’s WI’s Certified Seismic Installation Program: Copy and paste specification language, drawings to drop into your specs, and a single sheet that includes all the drawings and how to use them.
The sample millwork specifications below can be copied and pasted into your specs to make sure you receive the quality job you expect. Leave no detail to chance. These specs use the North American Architectural Woodwork Standards:
- Casework, Laboratory — Microsoft Word download
- Casework, Plastic Laminate — Microsoft Word download
- Casework, Wood — Microsoft Word download
- Casework, Wood and Plastic Laminate — Microsoft Word download
- Countertops, Laboratory — Microsoft Word download
- Countertops, Laminated Plastic, Solid Surface, and Wood — Microsoft Word download
- Doors, Wood — Microsoft Word download
- Paneling, Wood — Microsoft Word download