The Woodwork Institute Fellowship Award honors individuals for their lifetime of significant achievements and service to the woodworking industry.
A Nominee may be an Affiliate or Non-Affiliate of the Woodwork Institute with no less than 10 years in the industry. Nominees may have made:
- Notable lifetime achievements, innovations, and/or contributions to the advancement of the woodworking industry,
- Notable service contributions to the Woodwork Institute, and/or
- Educational activities and achievements, including organizational and instructional efforts and/or published work(s), that have had significant influence on the woodworking industry.
- A Woodwork Institute Affiliate, volunteer, or employee who wishes to nominate an individual for the Woodwork Institute Fellowship Award is responsible for submitting a Nomination Application to the Woodwork Institute electronically or via mail. Please see Application Submittal for more details.
- Related honors, awards, background data, and other attachments regarding the nominee may be included with the Nomination Application. Additional exhibits may be included as appropriate to support the nomination. Such additional exhibits may include, but are not limited to, renderings, drawings, photographs, and publications.
Instructions for electronic submission:
- All submission materials must be made into a single PDF file.
- The Nomination Application should be emailed to email@example.com.
Instructions for a Hard Copy Submission
Please send the Application to the following address:
Attn: Fellowship Award
P.O. Box 980247
West Sacramento, CA 95798-0247
Applications are accepted year-round. The annual submission deadline is May 1 for Fellows to be named that year.
Completed applications will be sent to the Fellowship Selection Committee who will consist of two current Directors, two past Directors, and two Fellows, if available, serving two-year terms; if not available, the Board may appoint Fellows as necessary. The Committee will review the applications and make recommendations to the Board. Selection of a Fellow will be on an achievement or merit basis as determined by the application and moral and leadership qualities.
Upon determination of the Fellowship recipient, the Fellowship Selection Committee will contact the Fellow announcing his/her award, and requesting a recent photograph and review of accomplishments suitable for publishing.
The Fellowship Selection Committee will then request the Nominee’s Background Information form to be filled out and submitted.
Methods of Recognition
- Recognition at a future Board meeting
- Awarding of a Fellowship plaque (living recipients)
- Addition of engraved nameplate to the Fellows of the Woodwork Institute perpetual plaque in the Woodwork Institute office
- Acknowledgment on the Woodwork Institute website, in an email to Affiliates, and in social media posts
- A donation as may be approved by the Board to the C.E. Bernhauer Jr. Scholarship Fund by the Woodwork Institute in honor of the Fellow
Questions about this Fellowship Award program may be submitted in writing to the address above, or by e-mailing the Administrative Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.